Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Blinded By The Light

It's obvious: Santa is Jesus. Returning in human form, he appears to be in his late 50s/early 60s, still bearded, incredibly jolly, and with lots of followers. Hidden behind that suit is the only man capable of performing the divine miracle of delivering presents to children all over the world in one night. His masterful carpentry skills taught repeatedly to elves to relieve arthritic pain from a previous injury.

So if you're listening, Jesanta or Santsus, I promise my gift request this year is an easy one. All I ask for is the ability to listen better to music. Too often do I hear a verse incorrectly only to sing it improperly over and over until someone either tells me it's wrong or I google-correct myself later when searching for the lyrics. On my way home from work last night, I misheard some lyrics once again. The song: "Blinded By The Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

I won't go into detail, but here is video of the song with the first verse so you can guess what words were misinterpretted. That's all for tonight, happy third day of Hanukkah.



Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night
Madman drummers bummers,
Indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat
In the dumps with the mumps as the adolescent pumps his way into his hat
With a boulder on my shoulder, feelin' kinda older,
I tripped the merry-go-round
With this very unpleasin', sneezin' and wheezin,
the calliope crashed to the ground

No comments: