Sunday, May 10, 2009

David's Explanation of Terminator Salvation

David's back with an early review of Terminator Salvation starring Christian Bale. He submitted it 2 hours ago so we're forgoing any spell check procedure and posting it right away. Review ahoy:



The Plot. It’s pretty simple hide and seek, kill John Connor by killing his dad this time. Terminator movies have all followed the same basic alter the future plot. It's such a shame that no one since part two has really capitalized on the possibilities of the Terminator universe.

Action. Can there be too much action? Some of the scenes are awesome and big, but some could have been dropped in favor of more character development, in which there is very little.

Overview:

I liked Terminator: Salvation as a popcorn movie. My expectations were mixed for this, so I think I was pretty levelheaded going in and not expecting too much or too little. There were plenty of cool scenes, a few lame scenes, and that really awful bookending of opening and closing shots. The middle chunk though is an enjoyable movie with some good thrills and fun sequences. As a side note, I stumbled upon T2 on direc TV last night while I was falling asleep, and was caught up again in Robert Patrick's big role. Today, I walked out of TS smiling for sure, but there wasn’t a single feeling in my body that Terminator: Salvation was anything more than a “just good enough sequel” to spend a few hours beating the early summer heat with. I’ll give it a 6.5 out of 10.

No comments: