Monday, June 29, 2009

Dodgers: Me Estas Tentando

Don't touch my glove
I'm just a bug
You need a dove
All of the drug

At Dodger Stadium or at home, every time I hear James Loney's batting music I can never make out the correct lyrics. Since I don't listen to urban radio stations any more I figured I'd never know the song's artist or title. Lucky for me Dodgers.com hooked a brother up by identifying the song, which just so happens to be on YouTube with all the lyrics scrolling by. Awesome:


While we're at it, let me introduce you to Manny's batting intro music with special English language captions [click here]. Here's some other player requested song highlights:
  • Hiroki Kuroda -- "Hero" by the Foo Fighters
  • Juan Castro -- "Lean Like A Cholo" by Down
  • Andre Ethier -- "Tres Delinquents" by Delinquent Habits
My favorite though has to be Randy Wolf, not because of the songs, but because he has requested two; one for when he's pitching ("Jambi" by Tool), and one for when he's batting ("Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins").

Hey Randy, way to force that balk tonight and knock in two runners.

Aroooooooooooo.

No comments: