Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Friday, I'm in love 2: Electric Boogaloo by Abel


My last post was about my hatred of black Friday, but unfortunately it ran kind of long so there was a couple of things left unsaid. Hopefully this time I'll cross all the T's and dot all the I's because somehow I don't think Friday, I'm in love 3: season of the witch (that's for you Danny) will make it before the 26th.

After googling this years batch of black Friday ad-stravaganzas, I have come to a couple of conclusions, the most important of those being that people in this country are fucking retarded. I know I'm not the smartest person alive, but even I know that after looking at all the advertisements I quickly realized that the things in there are pretty much horse shit labeled with great household electronic names like Koss, Colby, and Gpx.I Guarantee you if could ask the people who are gonna be waiting in line on black Friday, if they would buy the same product for the same price in April or May, they would all say no.

So why is that? Do shoppers really believe they're getting some kind of bargain? Do they somehow believe that retailers are actually losing money on merchandise that day? I mean why on earth would herds of people wait in for about 3 or 4 days if they weren't robbing the store blind that day?

The answer is rather simple, people are stupid.

Sure there are a couple of really good deals out there, but nothing that would require a rational human being to wait more than an hour for. Too many people are blinded by the low price to realize that they're buying some old out of date model, i.e. tv's that aren't 1080p or only have only one hdmi output, or computers with low storage or slow processor. Yet somehow the feel the need to be in line for 3 days. I find it hard to believe that more people don't realize how simple it would be to save money to avoid waiting in line. If you worked like 3 or 4 extra days a year, worked overtime about twice in a work year, perhaps some thing as simple as taking your own lunch once a week, hell, if people took up a part time job a Cinnabon for 2 weeks, the money earned would be more than the amount of money saved for waiting in line for so long.

But the thing that really chaps my ass (that's for you Mike) are the customers who are stupid enough to believe that everything is on sale. "Its black Friday, isn't everything supposed to be like 50 percent off?" No idiot, it's not. You waited outside for nothing, now get out of my face you smell like armpit and feet.

In closing, be safe careful again, be safe again and most importantly I hope that when I'm at work at 2 a.m. you wake up with thanksgiving diarrhea. (Tha'ts for you Dave) Cheers bitches.

- Abel L.

1 comment:

david nieves said...

and to think I offered to bring you guys chic fil a when I wake up at noon. Happy thanks giving, just so you know there is no new game system on the horizon so you have at least another 7 years, enjoy.