Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pixels



Pixels is the best short video animation-meets-live-action I've seen since Space Jam. The video shows New York being invaded by a few of our favorite classic gaming themes and characters including Pac-Man, Frogger, Donkey Kong, and the aliens from Space Invaders. At less than three minutes the whole video is my favorite scene, but more specifically I love the part where the Tetris line comes together and you get to watch a high rise drop a level and shoot all that dust. Director Patrick Jean writes in his bio that Sony might be interested in a full length adaptation which I'm in favor of. Don't even add dialogue, just add some Pitfall and Centipede animations and you've got my $10 for 90 minutes of cool looking animation. The YouTube video is embedded below but do yourself a favor and click the Dailymotion link for a much better presentation.



No comments: